Yes, Intel i5 8400 processor is compatible with Windows 11. According to Microsoft, there are 91 Intel i5 processors support Windows 11, Intel i5 8400 is one of them. Because Intel i5 8400 processor meets the processor requirements for Windows 11 that is only 8th generation processor compatible with Windows 11.
Why Does Intel Celeron i5 8400 Based Device Not Support Windows 11?
Some users are confused why their i5 8400 processor based device does not support Windows 11? Actually, there are four main requirements for Windows 11. If your i5 8400 processor based device dose not meet the other requirements for Windows 11, it still can’t run Windows 11.
First of all, let’s have a look at the complete requirements for Windows 11
- Processor with a frequency of 1 GHz or higher with at least 2 cores.
- at least 4 GB RAM.
- 64 GB internal storage.
- Hardware firmware that is compatible with UEFI and Safe boot.
- Trusted Platform Module 2.0
In other words, except for the Intel i5 8400 processor, your device should meet all requirements for Windows 11 above.
Can I Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC?
If you receive the notice “This PC can’t run Windows 11.”, it means you can’t upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 11 via Windows program. However, there is a way to perform a clean install of Windows 11 on unsupported PC.
- Download an ISO image of Windows 11 from the Microsoft site. Run the ISO installer install Windows 11 on your unsupported Intel i5 8400 processor computer.
- Download an Installation Assistant from the Microsoft website. The installation assistant will guide you to complete the installation of Windows 11 on your unsupported Intel i5 8400 processor computer.
- Create an installation media on a USB drive or a DVD media by using the Media creation utility from the Microsoft site. Boot the system using the media and run through the Windows 11 installation process.
Read more details: How to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC?
Intel i5 8400 processor is compatible with Windows 11. But if you want to run Windows 11 on Intel i5 8400 processor based computer, you should check the requirements for Windows 11 at first. Only all requirements are met, then you can run Windows 11.