According to Microsoft, on December 15, 2021, Windows 11 KB5008215 has now been released, which is the last cumulative update in 2021. Windows 11 KB5008215 improves the animation of the taskbar. Windows 11 brings some new emojis that are compatible with Microsoft’s smooth style in KB5008215. The new emoji will make the operating system consistent with other Microsoft products such as Skype and Microsoft Teams.
These emojis have a modern appearance, which are consistent with the design of Windows 11. However, these are 2D-style emoticons, but not the 3D style Microsoft previously advertised. The new emoji collection of Windows 11 also includes Clippy as an alternative to the paperclip emoji.
Windows 11 KB5008215 brings back Clippy which has been a part of the Microsoft Office from the 21st century. Because lots of people are used to the emoji as the office assistant.
Now, KB5008215 (Build 22000.376) is available for Windows 11 users:
Highlights of KB5008215 (Build 22000.376):
- Fixed the issue that File Explorer and desktop shortcut menus are prevented.
- Fixed the animation of the taskbar icon.
- Fixed Bluetooth audio issues.
- Fixed various problems of File Explorer. Fixed the problem that will affect the performance and reliability of the Start menu.
KB5008215 fix Slow NVMe SSD Performance
Windows 11 KB5008215 also fixes performance issues, including an error that may reduce the write/read speed of the storage drive which include SSD, HDD and NVMe.
A few months ago, Microsoft addressed that Windows 11 will reduce the HDD or SSD performance by as much as 50%. Now, Microsoft fixes the issues that reduce slow speed of storage drives in KB5008215.
Other Improvements and Fixes in KB5008215 (Build 22000.376):
Windows 11 Build 22000.376 (KB5008215) fixed an issue that the Internet Explorer will stop working when you copy and paste text, and the issue that the file explorer and desktop shortcut menu don’t work when you try to open a project with a single click.
Previously, Windows 11 users report that the file explorer will stop working when they close the window after browsing directories and the desktop context menu will be affected when you create a shortcut for an application by using Directory or Background. No worry, all these issues are fixed in Build 22000.376 (KB5008215).
Other fixes of KB5008215 (Build 22000.376)
- Fixed rendering issues of closed captions in some videos.
- Fixes the issue that might affect the performance of task view, Alt-Tab or Snap assistance.
- Fixes the failure of Windows Mixed Reality when you turn off the presence sensor option of the headset.
- Fixed printing problems.
- Fixed the temporary lose of audio.
- Fixed the problem of font rendering.
- Fixes the crash or block of some applications on devices with touch pads.
Unfortunately, Windows KB5008215 doesn’t support the drag of taskbar, which is highly required by Windows 11 users. But it fixes the flickering issue when you hover over the icon on the taskbar.