Windows 11 announced a version that does not support Microsoft Office. Windows 11 does not support Office 2013 or earlier versions of Office, such as Office 2010 and Office 2007. That said, here’s a list of Office versions supported by Windows 11.
- Office 365 / Microsoft 365 for Windows (naturally)
- Office 2021
- Office LTSC 2021
- Office 2019
- Office 2016
Although Microsoft Office 2019 is on the Windows 11 support list, there is still user feedback that some features of Office 2019 apps are not available after upgrading to Windows 11. Or installing or updating Office may get an error code after a Windows 11 upgrade. How to fix Microsoft Office 2019 not working on Windows 11? Keep reading.
Fix Office 2019 not working after Windows 11 upgrade
Method 1. Temporarily disable firewall and antivirus to fix Office 2019 not working on Windows 11
A restricted network or firewall may prevent Office 2019 from working after a Windows 11 upgrade. Because network rules or firewall rules in the network/computer may block the installation or update of Office programs. Then you can try to fix Office 2019 not working issue by temporarily disabling your firewall or antivirus software.
Steps to disable Firewall to fix Office 2019 not working on Windows 11:
- Step 1. Open control panel.
- Step 2. Go to system and security and then Windows Firewall.
- Step 3. Click on turn windows firewall On or Off.
- Step 4. Turn Off firewall for both private and public network.
- Step 5. Install or update Microsoft Office to check whether Office 2019 not working issue is fixed.
Steps to disable Antivirus to fix Office 2019 not working on Windows 11:
- Step 1. Open Antivirus application.
- Step 2. Click on settings and go to real time protection.
- Step 3. Turn Off real time protection.
- Step 4. Navigate to Antivirus firewall.
- Step 5. Turn off Antivirus firewall.
- Step 6. Install or update Microsoft Office to check whether the Office 2019 not working issue is fixed.
Method 2. SFC scan to fix Office 2019 not working on Windows 11
It can also cause Office 2019 not working on Windows 11 if the system files are wrong or damaged. Can be easily repaired by SFC scan.
- Step 1. Open command prompt.
- Step 2. Type sfc /scannow and press enter.
- Step 3. The scan will begin automatically.
- Note: Do not close the command prompt until the scan get completed.
- Step 4. Install or update Microsoft Office 2019 and check whether the error is fixed.
Method 3. Remove and reinstall Office 2019 to fix Office 2019 not working on Windows 11
If scanning in SFC and disabling firewall/antivirus did not fix Office 2019 not working on Windows 11, then you can try to completely remove the Office 2019 suite from Programs and Features and then reinstall the product.
- Step 1. Open control panel
- Step 2. Click on uninstall programs and features
- Step 3. Search for Microsoft Office 2019 in the list.
- Step 4. Select Microsoft Office 2019 and click on uninstall.
- Step 5. After that, try running Office setup to install Microsoft Office 2019.
In summary, Microsoft Office 2019 can work on Windows 11. If you are facing the issue Microsoft Office 2019 not working, try the methods we provided above.