It’s been almost three months since the release of Windows 11. Some users already installed and began to be familiar with the brand-new Windows system, including its new look. However, there are still lots of users want to bring back the classic start menu or customize the taskbar. Thanks to third parties, they allow users to customize the look of Windows 11 easily and quickly. Today, this article will compare two apps: Start11 and StartAllBack, so as to help choose the best one to customize Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11.
Restore and customize taskbar on Windows 11
StartAllBack allows you to bring back the original taskbar or customize the taskbar on Windows as you want. You can change the icon size and margins if you think the icon size need to be adjusted. Beside the size of icons on taskbar, you even can change the style of icons on taskbar. StartAllBack helps you show labels on task icons. Also, the position of taskbar can be moved to top, left or right edges with StartAllBack. If you want to keep task icons center but keep start menu on the left, StartAllBack can also implement your idea. In conclusion, StartAllBack can help you customize your taskbar with the following features:
- Show labels on task icons
- Adjust icon size and margins
- Move the taskbar to the top, left, or right edges
- Drag and drop stuff onto the taskbar
- Center task icons but keep the Start button on the left
- Split into segments, use dynamic translucency
- Separate corner icons with Windows 7/10 UI
Just like StartAllBack, Start11 brings back the original taskbar on your Windows 11. It can also help you customize the position of taskbar. But Start11 just allows you move the taskbar at the top or bottom, which is different from StartAllBack that can move the taskbar to the top, left, or right edges. However, Start11 has the features that StartAllBack doesn’t have. With start11, users can control Icon grid spacing and adjust taskbar blur, color, and transparency. The details about Start11 is as follows:
- Position the taskbar at the top or bottom
- Control Icon grid spacing
- Adjust taskbar blur, color, and transparency
Restore and customize start menu on Windows 11
StartAllBack allows you to bring back the original start menu on your Windows 11. It helps you quickly access any apps on your Windows 11 or easily search through the start menu. With StartAllBack, you can customize your start menu as follows:
- Launch apps and go to system places in one click
- Navigate dropdown menus like a boss
- Enjoy fast and reliable search
Compared with StartAllBack, Start11 can do different customization on start menu in Windows 11. Start11 allows users to choose start menu layouts and even add pages to start menu layouts. Also, you can change the color, transparency, and corners of start menu with Start11. Moreover, Start11 has an exclusive feature which Integrate Stardock “Fences” into the Start menu. Let’s check the details:
- Choose from several Start menu layouts
- Add Pages to Start menu layouts
- Change Start menu color, transparency, and corners
- Enhanced search capabilities with richer results
- Integrate Stardock “Fences” into the Start menu
Restore and customize context menus
StartAllBack allows you to customize the fonts of context menus. It can give you fast and responsive taskbar menus and better touch support.
- All new look with rounded acrylic menus
- Fast and responsive taskbar menus
- New fonts, better touch support
About customization of context menus, Start11 can only restore Taskbar context menu. In this respect, StartAllBack can do more customization.
Restore and customize File Explorer UI
Besides taskbar, start menu and context menus, StartAllBack even can help you restore and customize file explorer UI:
- Ribbon and Command Bar revamped with translucent effects
- Details pane on bottom
- Old search box (the one which works)
- Dark mode support for more dialogs
What’s pity, Start11 can’t customize File Explorer UI.
StartAllBack 1 PC is $4.99
Start11 1 PC is $5.99
In conclusion, whether StartAllBack or Start11 allow you customize your taskbar, start menu or context menu in Windows 11 easily and quickly. Both of them can solve Windows 11’s worst Start menu and taskbar sins. If you want a Windows 10-style Start menu within Windows 11, StartAllBack and Start11 can be your choice.