This article will show you how to download and install the Origin client on your Windows 11 PC or laptop. Installing Origin on Windows 11 is actually quite simple. With Origin installed, you can log into your account and start purchasing, downloading and playing games from your library.
What is Origin?
Origin is a program that helps you play most EA games on your Windows 11 computer. It was originally released in 2011, and currently Origin has a wide variety of games.
In addition to gaming, Origin also allows you to chat with friends. Like Steam or Epic Games, Origin is one of many game launchers available on Windows PCs.
How to Origin Download On Windows 11 for Free?
Now you can try to download Origin on your Windows 11 PC by the following steps:
1 Visit the Origin website and click Downloads under Windows > click Save File.
2 Then run the installation file.
3 Click Install Origin in the Origin window.
4 Follow the prompted steps to choose an installation location for Origin and select Preferences > Press Continue to begin installing Origin.
5 Once Origin is installed, you can log in with your EA account or create an account, and you can download and install games in Origin.
That’s how to install Origin in Windows 11.
How to Fix Origin Crashing or Freezing on Windows 11?
Now, don’t worry if you have Origin crashing, freezing or freezing after installing Origin on Windows 11. We’ve shared some workarounds that might help you. There are many reasons causing Origin crashing or freezing, including corrupt installation files, outdated systems, outdated or corrupt graphics drivers, and more. Let’s take a look at how to fix Origin crashing or freezing on Windows 11.
1 Clear the original cache
Origin crashes or freezes on Windows 11 can be quickly fixed by clearing the Origin client cache or temporary data.
- Click the Origin tab in the upper left corner > select Exit to close Origin on your PC.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager > click the Processes tab > select Origin.exe and click End Task.
Alternatively, delete the Origin folder:
- Open the Run by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Open the ProgramData folder by typing %ProgramData% and press Enter to .
- Double-click the Origin folder within the directory.
- Make sure to delete everything inside the folder (except the LocalContent folder).
- Now, press Windows + R again to open the Run dialog.
- Open the AppData folder by typing %AppData%.
- Then go to Roaming > Delete Origin Folder.
- Next, go back to Local Folders > Delete the Origin folder.
- Finally, restart Windows to apply the changes and check for problems.
2 Run Origin as administrator
Origin may sometimes not work properly due to issues with admin access. Then try running Origin as administrator.
- Right click on the Origin exe.
- Now, select Properties > click the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click the Run this program as administrator check box to select it.
- Click Apply and select OK to save the changes.
3 Update the graphics card driver
It is also possible that Origin cannot be launched on a Windows 11 PC due to an outdated or corrupted graphics driver version. In this case, you need to check for updates and install the latest version.
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Links menu.
- Now, click Device Manager from the list > double-click Display Adapters.
- Right click on the dedicated graphics card.
- Next, select Update driver > select Search for drivers automatically.
- If an update is available, the system will automatically download and install it.
- Once done, restart your computer.
4 Change the high DPI setting
- Right-click the Origin application file > select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab > click Change High DPI Settings.
- Click the “Override High DPI Scaling Behavior” checkbox to enable it > Select System under the Scale Performer: option.
- Make sure to click OK to close the Origin Properties window.
5 Update Windows
- Open the Windows Settings by pressing the Windows + I keys.
- Next, click Update & Security > Select Check for Updates under the Windows Update section.
- Select Download and Install.
- After the update is complete, restart your PC.
6 Add Origin to the whitelist of antivirus software
Press Win+I keys to open Windows Settings > click Privacy & Security in the left pane.
Click Windows Security > select Virus and threat protection.
Next, click Manage Ransomware Protection > Make sure the Controlled Folder Access toggle is turned on.
Click Protected Folders > Add the installed Origin folder from the appropriate drive location.
Now, click Allow application through controlled access folder > select the Origin exe file.
7 Perform a clean boot
Certain applications or services may consume system resources and bandwidth by starting automatically when the system is started. This can cause some problems with system performance or application startup. So try performing a clean boot to see if that fixes the Origin crash.
- Open Run dialog by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Now, type msconfig and press Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > check Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click Disable All > Click Apply, then OK to save the changes.
- Go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Select the Startup tab.
- Click on a specific task with high startup impact.
- Once selected, click Disable to turn it off from the startup process.
- Follow the same steps for each program with higher startup impact.
- When done, restart your computer.
8 Reinstall Origin
If none of the above methods work, then only try uninstalling Origin and reinstalling Origin.