While the official release of Windows 11 22H2 is still months away, the final build of Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621 is available early in the release preview channel, Microsoft announced on Tuesday, June 7.
Windows 11 22H2 improves the user experience, making it more convenient and easier. In this release, the drag-and-drop functionality of the taskbar will also be regained, with which you can drag files to applications. Snap Layouts have also been improved in the Build 22621 update, a feature through which users can drag the app to the top of the window and display the available layouts. Focus’ “Do Not Disturb” mode lets you turn off unnecessary notifications. The new Start Menu folder in Windows 11 22H2 will better organize apps. This new feature allows you to drag and drop one icon onto another and create a folder you can name.
At the same time, Windows 11 22H2 offers new features such as “Spotlight Collection”, a series of wallpapers that will loop on the desktop throughout the day. The Task Manager also has a better layout and a new dark mode, as well as a new command bar and productivity mode. Finally, Windows 11 22H2’s built-in Live Captions can be used for automatic audio captioning on the device.
How to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621?
But before you get Windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621, it’s a good idea to make sure to backup your files.
- 1 Open Windows Update in Settings and go to the Windows Insider Program page. 2 Click the Start button and select Link Account.
- 3 After selecting your Microsoft account, click Continue and Publish Preview.
- 4 Click the Confirm button, then click the Start Now button.
- 5 After restarting the computer, open Settings and select Windows Update.
- 6 Click Check for Updates, click the Download and Install button, and click the Restart Now button to restart the computer again.
Following the steps above, you can upgrade to Windows 11 version 22H2. If you cannot download the final version of 22H2 from the Release Preview channel, you can try to download the final version of 22H2 from the Beta channel. It’s worth noting that once the upgrade is complete, be sure to exit the program to avoid getting a preview version of the next version.