Sticky Notes for Windows 11 is a useful tool. Using sticky notes on your desktop can help you keep track of important information. In order to use Windows 11 Notes more conveniently, it must be installed on the desktop. This article will introduce various ways to put sticky notes on the desktop in Windows 11.
Questions about creating and using sticky notes in Windows 11
First, let’s take a look at what problems users encounter with Windows 11 Sticky Notes.
Question 1: Do I Need Third-Party Sticky Notes App?
No, you don’t need any third sticky notes app, you can just use Windows 11’s built-in sticky notes app.
Question 2: What Can I Do With Sticky Notes App?
Put a sticky note on the desktop, add text. Record what you want to remember and create a to-do list of tasks to perform on your Windows 11 desktop.
Question 3: How Do I Get Sticky Notes On My Desktop?
We will discuss three methods/way of how to place sticky notes on the desktop in Windows 11 in the next section.
How to put sticky notes on the desktop in Windows 11
1 Use the context menu to create a shortcut for sticky notes
The first way to put a sticky note on the desktop in Windows 11 is to create a shortcut to the sticky note on the desktop.
- Right-click an empty space on the desktop to open the context menu.
- Click New, and then click Shortcut.
- Click the Create Shortcut window, copy and paste C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App in the given field to create a shortcut.
- After pasting, click Next.
- Name the shortcut Sticky Notes and click Done.
- You will get a sticky note shortcut on the desktop.
2 Add a single sticky note
The second method is to put individual sticky notes on the desktop. Specific steps are as follows:
- In the Start menu, search for and open Notes.
- Click the plus icon to add another note on the screen.
- Customize added notes.
- According to the above method, you can add any number of sticky notes on the desktop.
3 Pin the sticky note to the taskbar
The last way to put a note on the desktop in Windows 11 is to pin the note to the taskbar.
- In the Start menu, search for Notes.
- Right-click the note and click Pin to taskbar.
- The note will be pinned to the taskbar, and clicking it will open the note.
These are three ways to put sticky notes on the desktop in Windows 11. It’s convenient and fast. You don’t need to use any third-party sticky notes program, just use Windows 11’s built-in sticky notes to conveniently record anything you want to remember on your desktop.