After several months’ running of Windows 11 system, system errors are arising although Microsoft is striving to release Windows 11 update versions to fix them according to the Insiders’ feedback.
The most recent system error which are annoying the users is the Inaccessible_Boot_Device Windows 11 error. In this article, we’re willing to show you what The Inaccessible_Boot_Device Windows 11 error is, why this error happens and how to fix The Inaccessible_Boot_Device Windows 11 error.
What is The Inaccessible_Boot_Device Windows 11 error?
BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) is quite common on previous Windows system versions. So it’s not strange that users will have this issue on Windows 11. Usually, there is a 0x0000007b stop code of Inaccessible_Boot_Device error and often happens during the system startup. That may cause that you can no longer enter the system.
What caused Inaccessible_Boot_Device Windows 11 error?
As the same error on Windows 10 system, the general causes of Inaccessible_Boot_Device Windows 11 error are:
- Outdated graphics/SATA drivers;
- The conflicts between drivers;
- Corrupted or broken system file;
- Damaged or disconnected HDD or SSD.
Where there is a problem, there is a solution. We can diagnose the problem and find out the fixes for Inaccessible_Boot_Device Windows 11 error .
How to fix the Inaccessible_Boot_Device error on Windows 11？
Note: If you can enter the system, please skip this paragraph to find out the exact solution for fixing Inaccessible_Boot_Device error. While if you can’t get into Windows 11, please first enter the Advanced Recovery Options, and then follow the solutions below to fix the error.
Press F11 to enter Advanced Recovery Options directly. It doesn’t work, try these steps:
- Press power button for several seconds to restart your device;
- Shutdown your computer three times and restart your computer;
- An Automatic repair screen will show you and choose to enter Advanced Recovery options;
- In the new interface, choose Troubleshoot and see Advanced options;
- Then choose Start-up Settings and Restart;
- Press F4/F5 to enter Safe Mode.
Now you can come to the exact solutions to fix Inaccessible_Boot_Device error on Windows 11.
Solution 1: Update Device Drivers
- Right click Start icon and choose Device Manager;
- Locate your device with a yellow exclamation mark, and right-click onit to select Update driver;
- Select the Search automatically for updated driver software and then Windows 11 will automatically search for the driver and update it for you;
- Restart your computer to check whether the problem have been fixed or not.
Solution 2: Rollback Recent Windows 11 Updates
- Click Start icon and Taskbar and choose Settings;
- Choose Windows Update;
- Select Update history;
- Click the Uninstall updates option
- Select the most recently installed update to continue uninstall.
More methods about how to downgrade or rollback Windows 11 to previous versions.
Solutions 3: Run a System File Scan
- Click search icon on Taskbar;
- Search for cmd;
- Run Command Prompt as administrator;
- Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter;
- Enter sfc /scannow and press Enter;
It will take a while to run the scan to reach 100% verification to view its results.
Solution 4: Reset Your Windows 11
Before going forward, please note that reset windows 11 will restore it to factory settings. Therefore, you’d better backup the most important things first.
- Click Start icon on the taskbar and then Settings;
- Choose Recovery under System；
3. Press the Reset this PC button；
4. Select Keep my files in the Reset this PC interface；
5. Click Local reinstall;
6. Click Next and Reset.
For more detailed steps on how to factory reset Windows 11, please read it here.
To make a conclusion, you can direct perform the above solutions if you’re familiar with the system operations. Otherwise, please ask for a professional to help fix the Inaccessible_Boot_Device error on Windows 11.