Minecraft is a very popular game. However, according to player feedback, they encountered OpenGL error 1281 when running Minecraft on their computer. This article will show you how to fix Minecraft OpenGL error 1281.
5 Ways to fix Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281
There are many reasons for Minecraft OpenGL errors, JAVA or modding is one of them. But don’t worry, next, this article will introduce 6 ways to fix Minecraft OpenGL error 1281, please follow the steps below to try them one by one.
Remove all shaders
Shaders are graphics mods for Minecraft. It can add lights, shadows, etc. to the game. But it can also cause OpenGL error 1281. So if you’re getting OpenGL error 1281, first try to remove all shaders by following the steps below.
Steps to delete shaders in Minecraft:
- Open Minecraft and select Options.
- Click Video Settings.
- Click on the shader.
- Click Close at the top of the screen, then click Done.
Steps to delete shaders on PC:
- Press the Windows+R buttons simultaneously to open Run.
- Enter %APPDATA% and press OK.
- Find the Minecraft folder.
- Select “Resource Pack”.
- Go to the “shaderpacks” folder.
- Select and delete all shaders.
Update graphics card drivers
Outdated drivers can also cause Minecraft OpenGL error 1281. So make sure the driver is updated to the latest version.
- Right-click the Windows icon.
- Select Device Manager.
- Double-click Display Adapters to expand it.
- Right click on your graphics driver name.
- Select Update Driver.
- Click on the first option “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- If there is an update, it will automatically install it on the computer.
Disable showing GL errors
- Open Minecraft.
- Click Options.
- Click Video Settings.
- Click Other.
- Select the Show GL Errors option and turn it off.
- Save changes and restart Minecraft.
Uninstall and reinstall JAVA to fix Minecraft OpenGL error 1281.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously and enter Control Panel to open the Run tab.
- In Control Panel, select Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click Java.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Please visit the JAVA official website to download and install the Java version suitable for your computer.
It may also cause Minecraft OpenGL error 1281 if OptiFine for Minecraft is an older version. So check for OptiFine updates to fix that.
- Visit the official website of OptiFine.
- Download the latest version.
- Open Minecraft and go to the Profile section.
- Select the current version and you can use the latest version of OptiFine.
These are the 6 solutions to fix Minecraft OpenGL errors. If you’re encountering a Minecraft OpenGL error, follow the steps above to fix the problem and the game should run smoothly.