Modern Warfare 2 players can already obtain a series of weapons through the store. Some of these are free, but require players to complete quests to get them, including the golden camouflage.
But recently, many players have reported that even after completing the corresponding challenges of the golden camouflage, the golden camouflage cannot be unlocked. This article will give you the reasons why the gold camo is not unlocked and how to fix the gold camo not unlocked error.
Why does the Gold Camo Not Unlocking in MW2?
Players of MW2 will not unlock the gold camo even after completing all base camouflage challenges on the console. Infinity Ward doesn’t have a solution yet, but don’t worry, we’ll show you the detailed steps to fix the gold camo not unlocking error.
How to Fix Gold Camo Not Unlocking in COD MW2?
- First make sure you have completed all the basic weapon armor challenges.
- After the first four are complete, complete the fifth to unlock three characters.
- Once the four four first-class camo challenges are complete, hover over the gold camo.
- Check for an update that can help you fix the inability to equip the gold camo in MW2.
- Open the Start menu and select Settings.
- Search for updates and security.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Click the Start button to open the Control Panel.
- Select Programs, Programs and Features.
- Left click on the MW2 application and click Uninstall.
- Reinstall the MW2 software.
How to Unlock Gold Camo in Modern Warfare 2?
To earn the gold camo, players must complete a series of basic camo challenges for each weapon in Modern Warfare 2. So to get gold camo quickly, you need to focus completely on one weapon for a period of time. As with the M4, these challenges are unlocked at levels 8, 13, and 19. And certain figures must be completed to advance to the next stage of the camo.
How to Equip Gold Camo in MW2?
If the gold camo is already unlocked, follow these steps to equip the gold camo on PC:
- Choose an already unlocked base camo.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll to Gold Camo.
- Please hover over the gold camouflage and press the space bar.
How to Fix Can’t Equip Gold Camo in COD MW2?
If the gold camo is unlocked, the gold camouflage cannot be equipped in MW2. It may be caused by faulty keyboard and mouse.
If you’re using a keyboard and mouse, you can’t hover over it. Even if it’s locked, it won’t tell you what the unlock task is. Then use the keyboard’s arrow or WASD keys to select it. Press the space bar to equip the gun with gold camo.
Maybe Infinity Ward might release an update soon to fix the gold camo not unlocking bug. Until then, though, if you’re still facing this issue, try unlocking and equipping the gold camo as described in this article.