Have you ever encountered a situation where the Fn hotkey is not working properly in a Windows 11 laptop? There are many reasons why a hotkey or Fn key might not work on a Windows 11 laptop. One of the most common reasons is an outdated driver with the filter key feature enabled, which can also be encountered. But don’t worry, this article will help you solve the problem of Fn hotkey not working in Windows 11 laptop.
Four Ways to Fix Hotkey (Fn Key) Not Working on Windows 11
Next, this article will tell you four effective ways to fix hotkey (Fn key) not working on Windows 11 PC.
Method 1 Restart computer
Restarting the PC can fix some temporary bugs, including the Fn key not working on Windows 11 laptops.
Method 2 Check for Windows updates
Windows Update can help update drivers and resolve issues with Fn keys not working on Windows 11 laptops due to outdated drivers.
- Press Windows + I to launch Settings app.
- Head to Windows Update section in the left sidebar.
- Click Check for Updates.
- Download and install all updates. Then restart it.
Method 3 Update the driver
An outdated driver for the keyboard may prevent the Fn key from working properly.
- Search for and open Device Manager in Start menu.
- Double-click to expand the Keyboard section.
- Select the keyboard, right-click it, and click Update Driver.
- If you have downloaded the driver, you can click Browse my computer for driver software. If you want to search the Internet for drivers, click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to update the keyboard driver.
Method 4 Turn off the filter key
Turn off Filter Keys and then check if the Fn key not working issue is fixed or not.
- Launch start menu, search for and open Control Panel.
- Head to the Ease of Access section in the Control Panel.
- Now click on Ease of Access Center.
- Here, click Make the keyboard easier to use under Explore all settings.
- You will filter key options here. Uncheck the Turn on filter keys checkbox. Click Apply, then close Control Panel.
That’s all about the details how to fix Fn keys not working On Windows 11. If you are facing this problem, try above four ways one by one.