After upgrading to Windows 11, some users reported that they encountered the Blue Screen with the Driver Power State Failure Error in the new system. In this article, we will explore the reason why this error happened and how to fix it.
Why Driver Power State Failure Error Happened?
This error usually happens frequently during Windows 11/10 system startup, restart, shutdown, waking up from sleep or hibernation, even when the drivers turns into sleep mode while the device is still in the use and doesn’t respond. Before we find out the solutions about how to fix driver power state failure error, we should know the common causes completely.
Main common causes of Driver Power State Failure Error:
- Outdated, faulty, missing or incompatible drivers;
- Upgrade Windows system with old drivers;
- Drivers downgrade;
- Improper Power settings;
- Hardware faults;
- Multiple driver installations for a single device;
- Incompatible hardware;
- Driver in sleep mode while the device is running;
- Third-party software or antivirus;
How to Fix Driver Power State Failure Error on Windows 11?
Knowing the causes helps us to find the exact solutions for the problem. Therefore, the complete solutions will be introduced here on the basis of the causes mentioned above.
Method 1: Restart Windows 11/10
A simple restart is a basic while useful solution to fix most of the system errors and crashes, including fixing the driver power state failure error. Restarting the computer will re-initializes all the devices, then if the drivers which have switched to sleeping mode while your system is stilling running will also be initialized again.
Method 2: Scan for Malware or Virus on Windows 11/10
The Windows Defender and third-party anti-virus or anti-malware tool will be your choice, while the Windows 11/10 built-in Windows Defender will be recommended for fixing Driver Power State Failure Error. As it is possible that any third-party tool may cause other system errors.
Method 3: Update Drivers
It is possible that any missing, outdated, faulty drivers will cause such problem. Updating your device drivers is strongly recommended to fix Driver Power State Failure Error. Two options are available for driver updating: update via Windows system and via third-party driver updater. Still the former one is recommended to avoid more unexpected things happen.
- Right click on Win icon;
- Choose Device Manager;
- Navigate to the device with problem, right-click on it and select Update driver from the context menu;
- Select Search automatically for drivers in the next step and Windows 11 will check your device driver automatically and update it;
- Restart your computer to check whether it has been solved or not.
Method 4: Roll Back Recently Installed Drivers
Roll back recently installed drivers will diagnose whether the error is caused by the new driver.
- Click Win icon and choose Settings;
- Choose Windows Update;
- Click Windows Update among the options in the right;
- Select Update history;
- Scroll down to find Driver Updates;
6. Find the driver you need to roll back;
7. Enter Device Manager in the text field at the top and click on the relevant search result;
8. Find the devices, the recently updated drivers will be displayed in the Settings;
9. Right-click on each device and select Properties;
9. Then locate the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver；
10. Choose the reason why you need to roll back and click Yes to wait for the process to complete.
Method 5: Use High Performance Power Plan
The improper Power setting will be one of the main cause of the driver power state error on Windows 11. Therefore, choosing a right power plan is an effective way to fix the error.
- Open Control Panel;
- Choose System and Security;
3. Under power options, choose Change battery settings;
4. Select the High performance power plan;
Till now, you may have fixed the problem of driver power state error on Windows 11. And the above solutions have also been tested as effective. If you encountered the same error, please read carefully to find the right cause and the correct solutions.