The minimum system requirements and stand system requirements about can I run Call of Duty: Vanguard on Windows 11 and how to fix Call of Duty: Vanguard not working on Windows 11 have been introduced in our earlier article.
But there are still many players reported the Call of Duty: Vanguard not starting issue on Windows 11, and they missed the fun of playing the game. In this new article, we will introduce you the detailed solutions about how to fix Call of Duty: Vanguard not starting on Windows 11, so as to help you out.
Solution 1: Disable Windows 11 Defender
Turn off the third-party antivirus tool or Windows Defender, or add Call of Duty: Vanguard to its white list to allow it to run on Windows 11.As any antivirus or anti-malware program may cause the confliction of any other apps or games.
Steps to turn off Windows Defender: Settings > Privacy & Security > Turn on Virus & threat protection under protected areas > Turn off real-time protection>Accept the UAC prompt displayed.
Solution 2: Update GPU Drivers
Call of Duty: Vanguard is a graphically intensive game and it requires NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system as the minimum requirements. Therefore, it is quite necessary to install the latest graphic drivers to ensure to launch the game smoothly. IObit Driver Booster will help detect and update all the outdated driver with only one click. Otherwise, you need to check for the device driver manually by: right click Start and choose Device manger > locate the graphics driver > right click on it and choose update driver > let Windows search for the drivers automatically and wait for it to be updated > restart your computer to run the game again.
Solution 3: Verify Call of Duty: Vanguard’s Game Files
Any game file corruption will lead to the not working or not launching of the game. The following steps will guide you how to verify and repair Call of Duty: Vanguard’s game files with Battlenet’s Repair and Scan option.
- Launch the Battle.net game client;
- Click All Games;
- Select Call of Duty: Vanguard;
- Click the Setting like icon on the Play button;
- Choose Scan and Repair to start fixing the file;
- Restart your game after the repair.
Solution 4: Disable the Xbox Game Bar
Sometimes the Xbox game bar will conflict with Call of Duty: Vanguard in some versions of Windows 11. In order to fix the not starting issue on Windows 11, we can also try disabling the Game Bar.
- Right click Start icon and choose Settings;
- Click Gaming;
- Select the Xbox Game Bar;
- Turn off the Open Xbox Game Bar setting;
- Select Apps > Apps & features, and navigate to Xbox Game Bar;
- Choose Advanced options by clicking the three dot menu;
- Select Never on the Background apps permissions drop-down menu;
- Choose Terminate
Solution 5: Start Call of Duty: Vanguard with DirectX 11
Install the latest version of DirectX from the official Microsoft website on your PC/Laptop to make sure you have DirectX 11 or above installed to run Call of Duty: Vanguard on Windows 11 properly.
If you have installed the latest version but the game still can not start on Windows 11. Try to configure to start Call of Duty: Vanguard with DirectX 11:
- Launch the Battle.net game client;
- Choose Call of Duty: Vanguard ;
- Select game settings by click on the setting like icon on Play button;
- Choose Additional command line arguments checkbox;
- Input -d3d11 within the command line box and Done.
Solution 6: Stop the NVIDIA In-Game Overlay
Disabling the overlay will fix Call of Duty: Vanguard not start issue on Windows 11 as the overlay often cause the conflicts of the game.
- Open the GeForce Experience software;
- Sign in with your NVIDIA account;
- Click the Settings (cog) button in GeForce Experience
- Turn off the In-Game Overlay setting.
Solution 7: Reinstall Call of Duty: Vanguard
If all the above solutions can not help you out, you need to reinstall Call of Duty: Vanguard on Windows 11. Before installation, please use IObit Uninstaller to completely uninstall Call of Duty: Vanguard and clean up the leftovers. When all is done, reinstall it to your Windows 11 again.
Till now, you may fixed the Call of Duty: Vanguard not start issue on Windows 11 and began to have fun with the game. But if you still have any problem with it, please let us know. We will keep finding out the solutions about fixing Call of Duty: Vanguard Not Starting on Windows 11.