Microsoft has made a major upgrade to Minecraft Launcher on November 6th, 2021. This upgrade allows users to install and update through the Microsoft Store and log in through the Xbox app, and supports DLC purchase in the launcher, etc. You must uninstall the old launcher before installing the new launcher, otherwise you may be prompted that the Minecraft native launcher cannot be updated. The new launcher also support for Minecraft for Windows Bedrock Edition (Win10 Store Edition) and Minecraft Dungeons in Win10 Store, which can be used to start Minecraft Bedrock Edition. The old launcher only supports Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Dungeons Edition, and does not support the Minecraft Bedrock Edition in store and Minecraft Dungeons Windows 10 version.
What is Minecraft Launcher?
Minecraft Launcher is a launcher made by a professional production team for the large-scale sandbox game Minecraft. The launcher is a service platform that helps to run Minecraft games. It has the following features:
- EasyLogin5.0 can change the title of Minecraft window.
- The maximum memory is automatically assigned, and set the maximum memory based on the available memory of your computer.
- With built-in memory optimization, the launcher occupies less memory.
- Text on the main interface of the launcher can be changed freely, built-in genuine Chinese and English language files.
- Click the word “change” next to the ID edit box to get the game ID.
- Customized tips help new hand understand Minecraft skills.
- The display on the right side can customize text, which can be placed in the server client.
Can Minecraft run on Windows 11?
Lots of Windows 11 users concern about whether they can play Minecraft on Windows 11. It is directly related to the hardware requirements of the CPU, memory, independent display core, and also related to the system, drivers, and other software. Whether you can play Minecraft is determined on if your system meet the minimum requirements of the game running. If the minimum requirements of the game can be met, it can be supported.
|OS||Windows 7 or higher||Windows 7 or higher|
|Processor||Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz or AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz||Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz or AMD A10-7800 APU 3.5 GHz or equivalent|
|Memory||2 GB RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Graphics||Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.41Discrete: Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4||GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series (excluding integrated chipsets) with OpenGL 4.5|
|Video memory||–||256 MB|
|Storage||1 GB||5 GB|
Download and Install Minecraft Launcher for Windows 11
According to Microsoft Store, a Minecraft launcher is launched for Windows 10 and Windows 11! Minecraft launcher is your one-stop shop for entering the Minecraft universe Portal. You can access to the following games via Minecraft launcher:
- Minecraft for Windows: you are allowed to enjoy unlimited resources in the creative mode, you can also explore the entire world in the survival mode, synthesize weapons and armors, and resist all kinds of dangerous creatures. You can create, explore and survive alone or with friends on mobile devices, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Minecraft: Java Edition- you can embark on adventure under the backgrounds of build, mine, and so on.
- Minecraft Dungeon – you can challenge the dungeon alone, or team up with four friends at most to pass through thrilling levels with many treasures and different styles.
1 Go to the Microsoft Store and search for Minecraft Launcher to download the Minecraft Launcher for Windows 11.
2 You can choose the option Install the Minecraft Launcher if you have an Xbox Game Pass. Or you will find two buttons: Included with Game Pass and Get from Xbox App.
For Xbox Game Pass users: click the Included with Game Pass button to buy Xbox Game Pass for PC.
For users with Minecraft independently of the Xbox Game Pass: click Get from Xbox App and then you will be installed the Minecraft Launcher. Next, you need to the Game Pass or game ownership to play this game.
3 Then you will be redirected to the Xbox app and installed with Xbox app.
4 If there is a banner near the top of the window, click the Install.
5 Finally choose Minecraft Launcher and then click on Get Free button.
After that, there will appear a windows to gain your permission, just click on Get button. Go back to Minecraft Launcher window, you will find it is installed and you can play Minecraft now.