The latest Windows 11 has its own firewall. Windows 11 Firewall protects your PC and data privacy. Therefore, it is very important to install a firewall on the PC. Windows 11 Firewall does a great job of preventing online threats. However, sometimes, you may also encounter situations where you need to disable the Windows 11 firewall. This article will show you how to disable or enable the Windows 11 firewall.
Steps to Turn Off Firewall in Windows 11
Windows 11 allows users to disable the Windows 11 Firewall on applications to allow certain applications to pass through the firewall, while other applications cannot. Below are the specific steps for disabling the Windows 11 firewall.
Disable Windows 11 Firewall
As mentioned above, Windows 11 Firewall is designed to protect your PC from online threats. However, firewalls can sometimes cause connectivity issues that prevent you from accessing sites you want to visit or downloading files online. The Windows 11 Firewall needs to be disabled to resolve some Internet connectivity issues caused by the firewall. Proceed as follows:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings Access Firewall settings.
- Click Privacy and Security.
- Click Windows Security under Security section.
- Click Open Windows Security.
- You will go to Windows Defender (Windows Security)
- Click the Firewall and Network Protection option in Windows Security
- Click Public Network. Active means the firewall is enabled.
- Disabling the Windows Defender Firewall toggle will disable the Windows 11 Firewall.
When disabling the Windows 11 firewall, Windows will issue a message that the public firewall is turned off. If you want to re-enable Windows 11 Firewall, you first need to enable Windows Defender Firewall that was previously disabled.
Disable Windows 11 Firewall for specific applications
If you only allow specific apps through Windows Firewall, then you can disable Windows 11 Firewall for specific apps by following the steps below.
- Open the Settings app and find the Privacy & Security section in the left sidebar.
- Click Windows Security, click Open Windows Security.
- Click Firewall and Network Protection to go to Windows Firewall.
- Click Allow application through firewall.
- Click Change Settings, click Allow Another Application.
- Click Browse and a list of applications will open.
- Select the applications you want to allow through the firewall from the list.
- Click Add to disable the firewall for the application.
- Click OK to close Windows Security.
After completing the above steps, the firewall for that particular application will be disabled. Repeat the above steps to allow more applications to pass through the Windows 11 firewall. If you want to re-enable the firewall, just delete the app you added.
These are the detailed steps on how to turn off the firewall in Windows 11. This article tell you how to disable or enable Windows 11 firewall for specific applications.