Roblox is a popular multiplayer game. But recently Roblox players encountered an error code. “Due to unexpected client behavior, you have been kicked. Error code: 268”. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry. This article will introduce the solution to Roblox 268 error code. Keep reading.
Workaround for ‘Error Code: 268’ on Roblox:
1. If you have only encountered the 268 error code once, it is recommended to ignore it. If the Roblox 268 error code appears repeatedly, try the solutions in this article.
2. Disable the antivirus protection you are using first, and then restart Roblox to see if the Roblox 268 error code still appears.
3. Test from DownDetector that the Roblox server is actually running.
Method 1: Use the Compatibility Feature
Run Roblox in compatibility mode:
1. Locate the Roblox Studio/Roblox Player application icon on the desktop or start menu.
2. Right-click the “Roblox Studio” icon and click “Open File Location”.
3. Once the Roblox Studio application location is open, right-click the “RobloxStudioLauncherBeta” application and click “Properties”.
4. In the RobloxStudioLauncherBeta properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
5. Check the box next to “Run the program in compatibility mode:” and select “Windows 7” from the drop-down menu.
6. Check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click “Apply” and “OK”.
Restart Roblox and check if the Roblox 268 error code is resolved.
Method 2: Resolve Compatibility Issues
If the first method doesn’t work, try to resolve compatibility issues.
1. Right-click the desktop icon “Roblox Studio” and click “Show More Options”.
2. Click “Troubleshoot Compatibility Issues” to resolve application compatibility issues.
3. Click “Try Recommended Settings” to apply the preset recommended settings to the app.
4. Then click “Test Program…” to test the program.
5. Return to the Compatibility Troubleshooter window and click Next.
If the Roblox 268 error code is resolved, click Yes, save these settings for this program.
If the Roblox 268 error code is still not resolved, click “No, try again with different settings”.
Then check “This program worked in an earlier version of Windows, but will not install or run now” and click “Next”.
Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process, start Roblox and test if it works.
Method 3: Uninstall Mods/Cheats
Roblox 268 error code may also appear if you are using (or have previously used) cheat software or even game mods. Therefore, it is recommended that you uninstall cheat software or game mods.
1. Please press the Win key + R key at the same time.
2. Enter appwiz.cpl and click “OK”.
3. You will see a complete list of applications on your computer. Find the application that may be causing this problem.
5. Right-click the appropriate application and click Uninstall.
Then restart your computer and see if Roblox works properly.
Method 4: Use the web version
Try the Roblox web version.
1. In the Google Chrome browser, open the web version of Roblox.
2. Click “Sign In” in the upper left corner of the screen.
4. Enter your username and password.
5. Click “Login” to log in to the game.
Install the application on your computer when prompted. Then see if Roblox works properly.
Method 5: Use the Store App
1. Launch the Microsoft Store.
2. Search for “Roblox” in the search box, then click “Roblox” in the search results.
3. Install the application.
Method 6: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox Player
If none of the above work, you can uninstall Roblox player from your computer and download and reinstall the latest version.
1. Press the Win key+R key simultaneously.
2. Enter appwiz.cpl and click “OK”.
3. Find Roblox Games in the list of applications.
5. Right-click “Roblox Studio” or “Roblox Player” and click “Uninstall”.
6. When finished, click OK.
7. Download the latest version of Roblox.
8. Double-click to install “RobloxPlayerLauncher”.
9. When the installation process is complete, click OK.
Run Roblox and log in with your Roblox credentials.
If you are constantly being kicked out of games with the error code 268 (You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior), try above six ways to fix it quickly and effectively.