No matter on which platform you’re planning to play Minecraft, such as Xbox, Windows, or Android and iOS devices, you need a free Microsoft Account to sign in Minecraft. In this article, we will show you ho to set up a Microsoft account and how to sign in with your Microsoft account to your Windows devices.
How to Set up A Microsoft Account ?
Before you go, please note: users under 13 years old needs parents’ permissions to create and activate the Microsoft account.
The free account you created can also be used to access your purchases, Realms and all the content of Minecraft even on different devices.
The steps to create a Minecraft account:
- Launch Minecraft and click Sign in;
- Enter your email address and password; (We suggest using the frequently used email address and passwords, or store your account information in a password manager or somewhere you used to, in case you forget it.)
- Click the drop-down menu to choose your Country/region and set your birthdate.
- Verify your email address with the verification code Microsoft sent to you.
- Click Next;
- Your Microsoft and Minecraft account is ready!
Currently, we can still enter into Windows 11 system without a Microsoft account, while Microsoft is trying to require the users to create an Microsoft account before using the system in the later versions. If that it comes true, we can directly use the account to sign in Minecraft.
How to Sign in with Your Microsoft Account to Your Windows Devices?
Generally, it will automatically sign in to Minecraft with the gamertag that you used to purchase the game on Windows Store. While, you still can sign in with a different account with the following steps:
- Launch Xbox;
- Click Profile and settings and click Sign out, so as to log out the former account;
- Click the Profile and settings and click Sign in;
- Sign in with another gamertag you want to use;
- Launch Minecraft to check whether you have logged in to the Minecraft with your Microsoft account.