Warframe has got over 36,000 monthly active players worldwide in January 2022. As it is becoming more and more popular, some users reported that they can’t play Warframe after they upgrade to Windows 11 and it keeps crashing or freezing in Windows 11. Therefore, users are not sure whether Warframe can run on Windows 11. This article will tell you the answer can I run Warframe or freezing on Windows 11.
Warframe is a free-to-play third-person shooter game developed by Digital Extremes. It was released in China on September 25, 2015. The game adopts the setting of replacing occupations with battle armors. Players choose different armors, and each armor has different attack methods and skills.
As an MMOFPS shooting masterpiece that integrates RPG game elements, Warframe is eye- catching with its unique skill system and unique world view structure. Although there are still some problems during the first test of the game, the game is of high quality. The senses have built a certain foundation for its success. Warframe has the visual sense of a masterpiece in terms of visual effects. Its developer Digital Extremes has many years of experience and technology accumulation in developing console games, so that the game screen is excellently optimized. The peaceful configuration requirements and fewer frame drops make the game very comfortable.
Warframe Switch version was officially released on November 21, 2018.
Can I Run Warframe on Windows 11?
If you want to play Warframe on Windows 11, please check the system requirements of the game to confirm can you run Warframe on Windows 11 device, before you do any system or hardware modifications.
Here the Warframe System Requirements (Minimum) are:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (32-bit not supported)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+
- Video card: DirectX 11+ capable Graphics Card
- Vertex shader: 5.0
- Pixel shader: 5.0
- RAM: 4 GB
- Free Disk Space: 35 GB available HD space
How to Fix Sea of Warframe on Windows 11?
If your computer didn’t meet the minimum requirements of Warframe, please upgrade to your hardware. While, if your system and hardware meet the requirements of the game and it is still not working smoothly, please refer to the solutions below to fix Warframe crashing on your desktop.
- Turn off the third-party antivirus tool or Windows Defender, or add Warframe to its white list to allow it to run on Windows 11;
- Run antivirus tool to detect and remove virus or malware;
- Download and install the the latest Graphics driver. You need to go to the manufacturer website to find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version and download the driver manually. Or run device manager on Windows 11 to let the system to detect and update the drivers for you; the three main manufactures are: Nvidia GeForce AMD Radeon and Intel*.
- Lower the settings in Graphics card. As the older graphics card may result in the crashing of Warframe, you can lower its settings to make it compatible with the game.
- Verify and Optimize Warframe’s cache files. Please go through these steps: Click on the little gear in the upper right corner of the Warframe launcher; Click on Verify, and wait until the process is completed; and click Optimize when the last step finishes.
Although there are some problems resulting in that Warframe can’t work or launch on Windows 11, we try our best to help you to check can you run Warframe on your Windows system and find out the solutions to fix Warframe not working on Windows 11.