Since the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt requires excellent graphic card and CPU, you may have poor gaming experience if your computer doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements. This article will show you the hardware requirements of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to help you to check if you can run Witcher 3 on Windows 11 and how to fix Witcher 3 not working or crashing on Windows 11.
First of all, let’s have a quick look through the minimum and recommend system requirements of Witcher 3.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt System Requirements:
|OS||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 64-Bit||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 64-Bit|
|CPU||Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940||Intel i5 3570K / Ryzen 5 CPU or equivalent|
|Memory||6 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Video card||Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870||Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290|
|Dedicated video ram||2 GB||2 GB|
|Storage||35 GB||35 GB|
If your system meets the Witcher 3 system requirements, but you still can’t launch the Witcher 3 on Windows 11. You can try the following solutions to fix Witcher 3 not working on Windows 11.
Fix Witcher 3 Not Working or Launching on Windows 11
Perform a Clean Boot
- Search for System Configuration and open it.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services under Services Tab, then click on Disable all, click OK button.
- Click on Startup tab and hit on Task Manager.
- Select all startup programs under Startup tab and disable all enabled startup items.
Disable Unnecessary Apps
- Press Win plus X keys and select Task Manager.
- Choose Processes tab, all apps using data will be in the Network list.
- End the apps that use the most data, like GeForce Experience, Riva Tuner, MSI Afterburner, MSI Gaming app, Fraps, Uplay, etc.
- Go to Library in Steam and right-click on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt>Properties.
- Uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
If your computer is installed with antivirus programs including AVG Antivirus, Norton, Bitdefender, McAfee, etc., you are recommended to disable these antivirus programs. in some cases, this issue Witcher 3 not launching or working on Windows 11 may be caused by antivirus programs, you need to disable the antivirus to fix this issue. Or you can add Witcher 3 in the white list of your antivirus programs.
Run Witcher 3 as Administrator
- Firstly, run Steam/GOG as administrator, right-click your Steam/GOG, and select Properties>Compatibility tab>check the box before the Run this program as an administrator>Apply>OK.
- Then, run Witcher 3 as administrator, locate to the folder where Witcher 3 is installed to find the Witcher 3 exe.
- Right-click Witcher 3 exe and select Properties>Compatibility tab>check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select your previous operating system>tick Run this program as an administrator>Apply>OK.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
If above ways do not work for you, try to Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Go to Library in Steam and right-click on Witcher 3>Properties.
- Go to Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
Update Graphics Card Driver
The issue Witcher 3 not launching or working may be caused by driver issues. if your graphics driver are outdated, you may not run Witcher 3 on Windows 11. to solve this issue, you need to update or reinstall graphics driver by the following steps:
- Download and install Driver Booster.
- Scan outdated drivers on your PC.
- Update the graphics card driver.
Now, you can know whether you can run Witcher 3 on Windows 11. If your system meet the run Witcher 3 minimum system requirements, then you can play Witcher 3 on Windows 11. If you can’t run Witcher 3 on Windows 11 even the system requirements are met, then you can try above 7 solutions to fix Witcher 3 not working or launching on Windows 11.