Recently, some players find that they can’t play SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 on the new Windows 11. However, some players can still play this game on Windows 11. Therefore, windows users are afraid that they can’t run SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 on Windows 11 if they upgrade their computers to Windows 11. No worry, this article will help you check if you can run SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 on Windows 11 or not. And if not, what should you do to fix the problem that you can’t play SIMS 3 and SIMS 4. Let’s keep reading.
As we all know, if you want to know if a game can play on the computer, the first thing you should do is to ensure whether your computer meets the system requirements of this game. So, we should know the system requirements of SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 to see if you can play them on your computer.
SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 System Requirements
|OS||Windows XP||Windows 7,8, or 8.1 64 Bit|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.0 GHz Dual Core required if using integrated graphics)||Intel Core i5-750 or AMD Athlon X4|
|Memory||2 GB RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Video card||NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X1300 or Intel GMA X4500||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or better|
|Dedicated video ram||128 MB||1 GB|
|Storage||10 GB||10 GB|
How to Fix SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 Not Working or Crashing on Windows 11?
Generally speaking, SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 can smoothly run on Windows 11 as long as your system meets the requirements. However, some users encounter the issue SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 not opening, working or crashing on Windows 11 even their computers meets the requirements. That might be caused by some settings or compatibility problems. Don’t worry, no matter what reason causing SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 not working, there are solutions to fix it.
Enable SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 Compatibility Mode
First of all, you should check if you enable the game compatibility mode. If not, you should enable the compatibility mode by the following steps:
- Right-click Steam icon, and choose Properties.
- Then, Properties window will appear, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the checkbox before the option Run this program in compatibility mode for (Windows 7 recommended).
- Then hit on Apply and then OK button.
Run SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 as Administrator
Usually, access to a game needs the requirement of administrator. Therefore, you can try to run SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 as Administrator to fix the SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 not working issue.
- To run Steam as administrator, right-click Steam, and select Properties>Compatibility tab>check the box before the Run this program as an administrator>Apply>OK.
- To run SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 as administrator, locate to the folder where SIMS 3 and SIMS 4 are installed to find the SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 exe file.
- To run SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 as an administrator, right-click SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 exe file and select Properties>Compatibility tab>tick the box before Run this program in compatibility mode for; and then select your previous operating system>tick Run this program as an administrator>Apply>OK.
Verify Game Files
Besides above methods to fix SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 not working or crashing, you can also to check game files and verify game files to fix the problem that you can’t play SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 on Windows 11.
- Go to Library in Steam and right-click on SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 >Properties.
- Go to Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
Update Graphics Card Driver
If SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 still can’t run on Windows 11 by above methods, you can try to check if you Graphics Driver outdated. As we all know, Graphics Driver can also result in SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 not working or crashing. Therefore, you can try to update Graphics Driver to solve this problem. To update Graphics Driver by third party programs is the easiest and fastest way.
- Download and install Driver Booster which is a driver updating software to help users to check and update all outdated, missing or faulty drivers with 1 click.
- Click on the middle Scan button to check all outdated, missing or faulty drivers on your PC.
- Update the graphics card driver.
It’s done! Now you can check if you can pay SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 on Windows 11 or not.
Update Windows 11
Updating the system is the final way to fix SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 not working on Windows 11. Just follow the steps below. Click on start menu and search for Update>Check for updates>Install the latest update. Restart your PC to check if you can play SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 on Windows 11.
Hope this article help you to check if your computer can run SIMS 3 or SIMS 4. Even there are some problems resulting in that SIMS 3 or SIMS 4 can’t work or launch on Windows 11, above solutions can effectively solve this issue.