Since its release, Overwatch has got over 5 million average players each month in 2021, peaking as high as 7.3 million. However, some players encountered the problem that they can’t play it after upgrading to Windows 11. Therefore, players are not sure whether Overwatch can run on Windows 11 or not. This article will tell you the answer can I run Overeatch and how to fix Overwatch lag issue on Windows 11.
Overwatch (OW for short) is a first-person shooter game developed by Blizzard Entertainment and released globally on May 24, 2016. Overwatch was also released on the Switch platform on October 16, 2019. The Switch version of the game is named Overwatch Legendary Edition, including both digital and physical versions. The game takes the future earth as the background and tells the entanglement of human beings, members of Overwatch and intelligent machines. Each hero has their own signature weapons and skills.
An optimized performance patch for the Xbox Series X and Series S was released in March 2021. Cross-platform play is supported across all platforms.
Can I Run Overwatch on Windows 11?
If you want to play Overwatch on Windows 11, please check the system requirements of the game to confirm can you run Overwatch on Windows 11 device, before you do any system or hardware modifications.
System Requirements of Overwatch
|OS||Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)||Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)|
|CPU||Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 8650||Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X3, 2.8 GHz|
|Video card||Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 4850, or Intel HD Graphics 4400||Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950|
|RAM||4 GB||6 GB|
|Free Disk Space||30 GB||30 GB|
|Dedicated Video Card||766 MB||2 GB|
How to Fix Overwatch Lag Issue on Windows 11?
If your computer didn’t meet the minimum requirements of Overwatch, please upgrade to your hardware. While, if your system and hardware meet the requirements of the game and the game lag still happens, please refer to the solutions below to fix Overwatch lag issues on your Windows 11/10 devices.
- Check your Internet connection. Usually the game lag and high ping of Overwtach is caused by the poor Internet connection. Therefore, you can run a free Internet Speed Test Tool to check your connection status.
- Check whether there is a game server stuck of Blizzard. This is also the most common cause of the game lag, you can get the information from its official twitter.
- Connect with a VPN or Proxy to fix DNS and IP problems that cause high ping and to bypass ISP throttling;
- Select the right region on Battle.net to play Overwatch.
- Close other programs that also use the bandwidth.
- Update and reboot your router;
Lag and latency spikes in Overwatch is a very common and frustrating problem, but you can follow the above solutions to fix it.