Overwatch 2 has been officially launched on October 5, 2022. It is available on four major platforms of NS/PlayStation/Xbox/PC. Therefore players can play on the Blizzard Battle.net platform, as well as on the PS4/5, Xbox, and Switch stores. However, some players may face the problem that they can’t run Overwatch 2 on Windows 11 PC. No worry, let’s have a look at the Overwatch 2 system requirements and the solutions to solve Overwatch 2 not launching on Windows 11.
Overwatch 2 System Requirements
|OS||Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)||Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8650||Intel® Core™ i7 or AMD Ryzen™ 5|
|Memory||6 GB||8 GB|
|Video card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 600 series, AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 series||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD R9 380|
|Storage||50 GB||50 GB|
|Dedicated video RAM||512 MB||2048 MB|
About Overwatch 2
A major update to the multiplayer mode in Overwatch 2! The new 5v5 combat mode allows each player to have more personal influence than ever before, and adds a wild, even game-changing ensemble for tank heroes. power, turning it into a very aggressive being. In the process of dominating the battle, the battlefield will be full of firepower, and the situation will be more clear than ever! At the same time, other game modes such as maneuvering will also be added to the game one after another.
Fix Overwatch 2 Not Launching or Crashing on Windows 11
Generally speaking, there are 7 reasons causing your game not launching or crashing on Windows 11 if your device meet the requirements for playing the game.
- 1 Using outdated/incorrect drivers, such as incorrect graphics card drivers.
- 2 The game is installed in the wrong directory.
- 3 The game does not have admin rights. Some games require administrator access to your computer to run.
- 4 There is a problem with the game files and the integrity of the game files needs to be verified.
- 5 The game is not installed correctly.
- 6 Your operating system has not been updated.
- 7 Other programs interfere with the gaming platform.
Now, let’s check the ways how to fix Overwatch 2 not launching or crashing on Windows 11 one by one.
Fix 1 Update Graphics Card Driver
Update graphics drivers to avoid any conflict between Overwatch 2 and Windows 11.
- Launch Device Manager.
- Expand Overwatch 2 and select Update Driver.
- On the next window, select the Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your PC after the drivers updated.
Fix 2 Reset Overwatch 2
Sometimes, the crashing issue may be caused by the game app itself. Therefore, you can try to reset Overwatch 2 to see if this issue can be fixed.
- Launch Settings.
- Go to the Apps & Features section.
- Select Overwatch 2 and click on Advanced Options.
- Click Reset button.
- Relaunch Overwatch 2 on Windows 11/10 device.
Fix 3 Reinstall Overwatch 2
If the second method doesn’t work, try to reinstall the game.
- Press Win + X keys and select Apps & features.
- Locate Overwatch 2 and select the game.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling the game app, reinstall it.
Fix 4 Update Windows for Overwatch 2
Generally speaking, updating the Windows to the latest version can solve most error and conflicts. Therefore, it is worth trying.
- Press Win + I keys to launch the Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- Allow your system to download & install the necessary files.
- Restart your PC after updating.
Fix 5 Update Windows
just as mentioned above, outdated Windows can also cause the Overwatch 2 not launching. So, you are recommended to update to your Windows to the latest version.
- Press and hold the windows + I keys together to open the windows settings page.
- Navigate to Update and Security Options.
- Click the Check for Updates option and Windows will start scanning for new updates.
- Windows will automatically download available updates.
- Restart your PC after the process is complete and check if the error is fixed.
This article tells you Overwatch 2 system requirements and 5 ways to fix Overwatch 2 not launching or crashing on Windows 11. You can effectively solve this issue by above methods.