Recently, Killing Floor 2 players reported that they can’t launching Killing Floor 2 on Windows 11. More and more users are concerned about whether they can play Killing Floor 2 on Windows 11 or not along with the release of Windows 11. In fact, players should know the system requirements of Killing Floor 2 at first and then check if their Windows 11 devices meet these system requirements. Therefore, let’s have a look at first.
Killing Floor 2 System Requirements
|OS||Win7 64-bit, Win8/8.1 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|CPU||Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545||Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz or Phenom II X4 955|
|Memory||3 GB RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Video card||GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830||GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950|
|Free space disk||60 GB||100 GB|
|Dedicated video RAM||512 MB||1024 MB|
About Killing Floor 2
As early as 2005, “Killing Floor” was just a Mod of “UT2004”, but with the emergence of the Steam platform, the R&D team took this opportunity to make the game independent. With the intensification of development, the official officially announced the birth of “Killing Floor 2″ and released the first screenshots of the game. memorable. In addition, the stage of this game was transferred from the United Kingdom to the European continent. The story took place 5 years later, and the biochemical leak spread to the whole of Europe. Its survivors fought bloody battles with monsters produced by Horizon Company in various locations in Europe.
On April 21, 2015, Tripwire Interactive officially announced the Early Access version of “Killing Floor 2” on the Steam platform. The production team promised to complete the body content of “Killing Floor 2” by the end of 2015. The official version is released on the PS4 platform.
In addition, the Early Access version will contain 4 classes and 4 levels of difficulty, with a total of 25 classes. The price is 29.99USD, and the deluxe version is priced at 39.99USD, which includes exclusive characters, costumes, original art sets and original soundtracks.
The game is developed using a deeply customized version of the Unreal 3 engine. It was originally released on the Steam platform in April 2015 in the form of Early Access, and received a favorable rate of about 80%.
The game supports up to 6 players online co-op, as well as a 12-player versus survival mode. There are more than ten occupations and more than forty weapons in the official version.
How to Fix Killing Floor 2 not launching or working on Windows 11?
Next, we will introduce you five effective ways to fix Killing Floor 2 not working or launching on Windows 11.
Method 1: Reinstall the game
Reinstall the game and see if that fixes the Killing Floor 2 crashing issue.
Method 2: Run Epic Games Launcher as administrator
Follow the steps below to run the Epic Games Launcher as an administrator and see if that fixes the Killing Floor 2 crashing issue.
- Right click on the Epic Games launcher icon.
- Then select the Properties option
- Switch to Compatibility tab and go to Settings section and check Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply and OK.
Launch Killing Floor 2 through the Epic Games Launcher and check to see if the game crashes are resolved.
Method 3: Verify the game files
Corrupted or missing files can also cause Killing Floor 2 crash issues. Verify the game files in the Epic Game Launcher to repair the files.
- Start by running the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on the Libraries category and select Killing Floor 2.
- Click the settings icon in the lower right corner.
- Click the Verify option to automatically verify the file.
Wait until the game file verification is complete. Launch Killing Floor 2 and check if the crashing issue is resolved.
Method 4: Update the graphics card driver
If the graphics card driver is out of date, it will also cause Killing Floor 2 to crash. Graphics card drivers include Nividia, AMD, intel, etc. If the driver is outdated, corrupted or missing, you will need to update it to the latest version.
- Open the start menu and search device manager.
- Click Device Manager from the search results.
- Search for Display Adapters and double-click it to expand the category.
- Display adapter
- Right-click your graphics card, click Update Driver.
- Click Search for updated driver software.
- Finally follow the on-screen instructions to complete.
Restart your Windows 11 PC and run Killing Floor 2 to check if the crashing issue persists.
Method 5: Windows Update
- Press and hold the windows + I keys together to open the windows settings page.
- Navigate to Update and Security Options.
- Click the Check for Updates option and Windows will start scanning for new updates.
- Windows will automatically download available updates.
- Restart your PC after the process is complete and check if the error is fixed.
This article introduces you the Killing Floor 2 system requirements. If you can’t play Killing Floor 2 even your Windows 11 device meet the requirements of Killing Floor 2, you can follow the effective ways in this article.