This article will tell you if you can run Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 11 and the Forza Horizon 4 hardware requirements. moreover, it also helps you solve the issue Forza Horizon 4 not working on Windows 11. Keep reading.
Forza Horizon 4 is a new game in the Horizon series released by Microsoft. More tracks and cars make players dizzy. This game combines the scene and racing elements of the United. Players can experience the beauty brought by the local scenery in the UK while enjoying the ultimate racing thrill. In addition, the story mode in the game is also very interesting. Players will play different roles in the game to complete special tasks. You can become a movie stand-in driver, test racing speed limits, etc.
Forza Horizon 4 Hardware Requirements
|OS||Windows 10 15063.0 or higher||Windows 10 15063.0 or higher|
|CPU||Intel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz||Intel i7-3820 @ 3.6Ghz|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||12 GB RAM|
|Video card||NVidia 650TI OR NVidia GT 740 OR AMD R7 250x||NVidia GTX 970 OR NVidia GTX 1060 3GB OR AMD R9 290x OR AMD RX 470|
|Dedicated video ram||2 GB||4 GB|
Fix Forza Horizon 4 Not Working on Windows 11
Some users report that they can’t play Forza Horizon 4 even their system requirements are met. In some cases, Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing or not working on Windows 11 when players try to run Forza Horizon 4. There are many reasons causing Forza Horizon 4 not working on Windows 11, such as conflicts caused by outdated drivers; game files verifying, clean booting, PC over clicking and so on.
No worry, let’s solve it one by one.
Run Forza Horizon 4 as an Administrator
- Right-click Forza Horizon 4 icon and select Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab on the properties window.
- Tick the box before the option Run as administrator and then hit on Apply.
Reset the Forza Horizon 4
- Search for Apps and features through the search box on taskbar.
- Launch Settings tab by clicking the Apps & features search result.
- Click the three-dot button next to the Forza Horizon 4 app.
- Choose Advanced options and next hit on Reset button.
Disable Forza Horizon 4 Microphone
- Launch Start menu.
- Select the Settings app.
- Click the Privacy & security tab.
- Select the Microphone navigation option.
- Clicking the toggle button of Forza Horizon 4 app to disable the microphone.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
Except for above ways to fix Forza Horizon 4 not working, you can try to verify Integrity of Game Files which may also work for you.
- Go to Library in Steam and right-click on Forza Horizon 4>Properties.
- Go to Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
Update Graphics Card Driver
Updating graphics card driver may solve game crashing issue in most cases. because the Forza Horizon 4 not working may be caused by the conflicts of outdated or incorrect drivers. therefore, you can try to update graphics card driver to solve this issue. there are many third parties to help you quickly update outdated drivers with 1-click. Driver Booster is the best.
- Download and install Driver Booster.
- Scan outdated drivers on your PC.
- Update the graphics card driver.
Since some antivirus programs will not mix with Forza Horizon 4, you are recommended to disable the antivirus programs if you want to run Forza Horizon 4 smoothly on Windows 11.
To disable antivirus, you can exit the antivirus by right clicking on the system try icon. Or you can add Forza Horizon 4 to the antivirus program exceptions list.
Perform a Clean Boot
- Search for System Configuration and open it.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services under Services Tab, then click on Disable all, click OK button.
- Choose Startup tab and click Task Manager.
- Disable all enabled startup items under Startup tab.
Reinstall Forza Horizon 4 (MS Store)
- Open the Apps & features tab in Settings.
- Click the three dots button next to the Forza Horizon 4 app and click on Uninstall.
- Then confirm Uninstall.
- Then restart your computer.
- Click on the Start menu to open Microsoft Store.
- Search for Forza Horizon 4 in the Microsoft Store.
- Then reinstall it.
Now, you will know whether you can run Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 11. As long as your system meet the Forza Horizon 4 hardware requirements, you can play Forza Horizon 4 on your Windows 11. Although you encounter the issue Forza Horizon 4 not working on Windows 11, there are several ways mentioned above to help you solve this issue. In other ways, you can play Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 11 as long as your system requirements are met.