Escape from Tarkov is a military-themed online game developed by the Russian company Battlestate. However, some users reported that they can’t play Escape from Tarkov after they upgrade to Windows 11. Escape from Tarkov keeps crashing or freezing in Windows 11. Therefore, users are not sure if Escape from Tarkov can run on Windows 11. This article will tell you the answer whether Escape from Tarkov run on Windows 11 and how to fix Escape from Tarkov crashing or freezing on Windows 11.
As we all know, the first requisite to run a game is that the computer’s hardware should meet the system requirements of the game. So, if you wan to know whether you can play Escape from Tarkov on Windows 11, you should check if your Windows 11 computer meets the Escape from Tarkov system requirements. Therefore, let’s have a look at the Escape from Tarkov system requirements at first.
Escape from Tarkov System Requirements
|OS||Windows 7/8/10 (64 Bit)||Windows 7/8/10 (64 Bit)|
|CPU||Dual-core processor 2.4 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo, i3), 2.6 GHz (AMD Athlon, Phenom II)||Quad-core processor 3.2 GHz (Intel i5, i7) or 3.6 GHz (AMD FX, Athlon)|
|Memory||6 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Video card||DX11 compatible graphics card with 1 GB memory||DX11 compatible graphics card with 2 GB or more of memory|
|Storage||8 GB||8 GB|
|Dedicated video RAM||1 GB||2 GB|
In some cases, Escape from Tarkov still can’t run on Windows 11. Users might encounter the issue Escape from Tarkov crashing or freezing on Windows 11 even their system requirements are met. If you are encountering this issue, don’t panic. This article will provide you several ways to fix Escape from Tarkov not working, crashing or freezing on Windows 11.
Fix Escape from Tarkov Crashing or Freezing on Windows 11
There are many reasons causing Escape from Tarkov crashing or freezing on Windows 11. Therefore, there are many different ways to fix this issue.
1 Disable fullscreen optimization
Fullscreen indeed improves the gaming experience. However, fullscreen might be the reason that cause Escape from Tarkov crashing on Windows 11. So, you are recommended to disable fullscreen to check if Escape from Tarkov crashing is fixed or not.
- Launch Steam and go to Library.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite and click on Properties.
- Check the box before Disable full-screen optimization under the Compatibility tab.
2 Enable Escape from Tarkov Compatibility Mode
If the first method doesn’t work for you, then check if your game compatibility mode is enabled. Enable the compatibility mode to see if Escape from Tarkov crashing or freezing is fixed or not.
- Right-click Steam icon to click on Properties.
- Now click on the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
- Tick the checkbox next to Run this program in compatibility mode for (Windows 7 recommended).
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
Then, restart your computer and Escape from Tarkov on Windows 11.
3 Run Escape from Tarkov as an Administrator
- Right-click Escape from Tarkov icon and select Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab on the properties window.
- Tick the box before the option Run as administrator and then hit on Apply.
4 Increase Virtual Memory
Increase of virtual memory may help you solve Escape from Tarkov crashing on Windows 11. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R, then type control sysdm.cpl and click OK.
- In the Advanced tab, locate to Performance section and press Settings.
- Then go to Advanced and click Change.
- Untick Automatically manage paging file size for all drives, tick Customize size.
- Enter Initial size and Final size.
- Next, click Apply and then Ok.
- Finally, restart your computer.
5 Update Graphics Card Driver for Escape from Tarkov
To update graphics driver for Escape from Tarkov manually, open Settings by pressing Windows+i keys. In Settings, click Windows Update in the sidebar, then select Advanced Options. In Advanced Options, scroll down and click Optional Updates. Click the Driver Updates section header to expand it. Check the box beside any driver you’d like to update and click Download & Install.
6 Reinstall Escape from Tarkov
This is the last way to fix Escape from Tarkov crashing or freezing on Windows 11. in some cases, the bugs in the game may also result in Escape from Tarkov not working or crashing. So, you should reinstall Escape from Tarkov to check if the issue is fixed or not. Just uninstall Escape from Tarkov and the reinstall Escape from Tarkov to see if Escape from Tarkov can run on Windows 11.
This article provides you six ways to fix Escape from Tarkov can’t run on Windows 11. now, you can see that Escape from Tarkov can play on Windows 11 when the computer’s system requirements are met. and Escape from Tarkov crashing issue can also be fixed according to the ways above.