Doom Eternal is a popular game. However, recently some users reported that they can’t play Doom Eternal after they install Windows 11. This feedback causes some fairs of Windows 11. Users are worried about Doom Eternal can’t run on their computer if they buy the computer preinstalled with the new Windows 11. Actually, the reason why computer can’t run Doom Eternal is that the computer hardware doesn’t meet the Doom Eternal system requirements. Moreover, some conflicts may also result in Doom Eternal not working on Windows 11. No matter what problem you are facing, you can find the answer in this article.
About Doom Eternal
Doom Eternal is the latest masterpiece of the DOOM series, one of the ancestors of the FPS industry. It is also a direct sequel to the DOOM restart in 2016. The game is still developed by id Software and published by Bethesda.
The Hell Legion has invaded the world, and in the magnificent single-player story mode, you will play the destroyer, annihilate the demons in all dimensions, and prevent the ultimate destruction of mankind. The only thing they fear…is you. Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power in Doom: Eternal, an epic first-person shooter with intense thrills. Equipped with a shoulder-mounted flamethrower, retractable wristband-style blade, upgraded guns, mods, and abilities, you’ll be faster, stronger, and more versatile than ever. Grab what you need from your foes to become the ultimate demon slayer: heroic kills for extra health, burn to boost armor, and chainsaw-killing demons to stock up on ammo. New 2v1 multiplayer mode. A fully-armed Slayer will face off against two player-controlled demons in intense, best-of-five first-person battles.
Doom Eternal will have players tearing various demons between heaven and hell. This id Software’s biggest and most ambitious game to date will feature more demons, more honor killings, bizarre behemoths, and never-before-seen environments. The new work uses the id Tech 7 engine, which is better than the previous work. The game will also have ten times the geometric detail of the previous game. In addition, the new work has a high material fidelity that surpasses any previous work by id.
Doom Eternal System Requirements
|OS||64-bit Windows 7 / 64-Bit Windows 10||64-bit Windows 10|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better||Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Video card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280(3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB), RX 470 (4GB)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB)|
|Storage||50 GB||50 GB|
|Dedicated video RAM||3 GB||4 GB|
Can I Play Doom Eternal on Windows 11?
Now, you can check if you can play Doom Eternal on Windows 11 or not. Generally speaking, you can play Doom Eternal as long as your hardware meets the Doom Eternal system requirements. But if you didn’t enable the compatibility issue, you may not play Doom Eternal on Windows 11. No worry, follow the steps below to solve it.
- Right-click on the Doom Eternal exe file, then choose Properties.
- Under Compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode for: checkbox to enable it [under Compatibility mode]
- Then select an older version of Windows OS from the list, such as Windows 7 or 8.
- Then hit on Apply and OK to save changes.
- Restart the computer to check if it works or not.
Fix Doom Eternal Crashing or Freezing on Windows 11
Beside the compatibility issue, users might also encounter the Doom Eternal crashing or freezing on Windows 11. However, there are still solutions to fix it.
Disable Unnecessary Apps
- Press Win plus X keys and select Task Manager.
- Choose Processes tab, all apps using data will be in the Network list.
- End the apps that use the most data.
Run Doom Eternal as an administrator
- Press the Windows key, search for Doom Eternal. Right-click on Doom Eternal from the search result and select Open file location.
- Right click on Doom Eternal.exe in File Explorerand and click on Properties.
- Choose Compatibility tab. Then tick the box next to Run this program as an administrator, and then Apply.
Now, can run the Doom Eternal again to see if Doom Eternal crash error still occurs. If the issue remains, please move on.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
If above ways do not work for you, try to Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Go to Library in Steam and right-click on Doom Eternal>Properties.
- Go to Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
Update Graphics Card Driver
Doom Eternal crashing may be caused by outdated or incorrect graphics driver. Therefore, you can try to update your graphics driver to solve this problem. To update graphics driver for Doom Eternal, you can update manually or use third party programs – Driver Booster which can automatically scan the outdated drivers and allows you to update them by one click.
- Download and install Driver Booster.
- Scan outdated drivers on your PC.
- Update the graphics card driver.
In conclusion, Doom Eternal can run on Windows 11 as long as your computer hardware requirements are met. even though your are facing the Doom Eternal crashing issue, above solutions can also help you solve it. Now, you can try if you can play Doom Eternal on Windows 11 or not.