Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II will arrive on October 28, Activision announced a few days ago. Lots of Windows 11 users are concerned whether they can play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on Windows 11? No worry, this article will tell you the answer.
If you want to know whether you can run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on Windows 11, you should know the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II system requirements at first. if your Windows 11 hardware meets the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II requirements, then you can play it on Windows 11 device smoothly. Therefore, let’s have a quick look at the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II system requirements.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II System Requirement
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 3 1200||Intel Core i7-7700K or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForceGTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 270||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD Radeon RX 580|
|Dedicated video ram||2048 MB||4096 MB|
Now, you can check your Windows 11 device hardware to see if it meets the game system requirements.
About Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward. Game publisher Activision released the game worldwide on November 10, 2009 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. It is also the sixth official work in the Call of Duty series. The game sold 6 million copies in its first month.
How to fix Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Not Launching on Windows 11?
In some cases, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II keeps crashing or not launching on Windows 11/10 even the hardware requirements are met. There are many reasons causing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II not launching. Just read the following methods to fix this issue.
1 Close Apps That Use Your Network
- Press Win plus X keys and select Task Manager.
- Choose Processes tab, all apps using data will be in the Network list.
- End the apps that use the most data.
2 Disable the Overlay
- Click on the gear icon located at the bottom left corner of Discord.
- Scroll down to click on the Game Overlay option.
- Disable the option Enable in-game overlay.
If have enabled GeForce Experience overlay or screen recording program, you need to disable it manually.
A day later, you can check if it works for you.
3 Scan and Repair Game Files
- Open Battle store.
- View the game page and click on the gear icon beside Play button.
- Click on the Scan and repair option on the appeared Windows.
- Click on the Begin scan button.
- Then it will begin the scanning process, which can automatically detect and repair the missing or corrupted game files.
4 Perform a Clean Boot
- Search for System Configuration and open it.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services under Services Tab, then click on Disable all, click OK button.
- Click on Startup tab and hit on Task Manager.
- Select all startup programs under Startup tab and disable all enabled startup items.
Restart your computer and then try to run COD Modern Warfare II again.
5 Update Windows 11
- Click on start menu and search for Update>Check for updates>Install the latest update.
- Restart your PC to check if you can play COD Modern Warfare II on Windows 11.
6 Update Graphics Card Driver
Outdated or corrupt graphics driver may result game not working or crashing on Windows 11, then you just need to update your graphics driver to fix this issue.
- Download and install Driver Booster.
- Scan outdated drivers on your PC.
- Update the graphics card driver.
Generally speaking, you can run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II as long as your system meet the hardware requirements. If you are facing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II not launching or crashing on Windows 11, you can try above 6 methods to fix this issue.