Are you facing right click not working on Windows 11? There are a number of reasons why right-click doesn’t work on Windows 11, such as software or hardware issues. Don’t worry, this article will show you how to fix right click not working on Windows 11.
Fix 1: Check for a faulty mouse
First check if there is a hardware issue causing right click not working on Windows 11. Check if the mouse you are using works properly on another PC.
If it works fine on another computer, there may be a problem with the USB port or a software problem. If the USB port is working, then there may be a software issue that is preventing right-click from working on Windows 11.
Fix 2: Update the mouse driver
Try updating your PC’s mouse driver to resolve the issue with right-click not working on Windows 11.
- Open the start menu, search for device manager and open it.
- Double-click the Mouse and other pointing devices option to expand it.
- Select the currently used mouse in the list of mice connected to the PC and double-click it to open the mouse properties.
- In Mouse Properties, click the Drivers tab, click Update Driver.
Restart your PC to check if you are still facing the issue of not being able to right click on Windows 11.
Fix 3: Restart Windows Explorer
System bugs can also cause right-click to not work on Windows 11. The problem can be fixed by restarting Windows Explorer.
- Open the Task Manager on your PC.
- Click the Processes tab in Task Manager and search for Windows Explorer.
- Select Windows Explorer and click Restart.
After Windows Explorer restarts, check to see if the right-click problem persists.
Fix 4: Change the USB hub’s power management settings
Try adjusting the USB hub’s power management settings to resolve the issue.
- Open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, double-click to expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Double-click the USB root hub to open the properties.
- Click Power Management tab in Properties.
- Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check. Click on OK.
- Restart your PC.
Fix 5: Uninstall third-party software
If you encounter this problem after installing third-party software, you can try uninstalling the software to solve the problem of right-click not working. This may be caused by incorrect software installation, so uninstall the third-party software and check if that solves the problem.
Fix 6: Run SFC
If the file is corrupted, there may also be a problem with right-click not working on Windows 11. You can try running an SFC scan to scan for corrupt files and repair them.
- In the Start menu, search for Command Prompt and right-click on it. Now click Run as administrator.
- Type the command sfc /scannow at the command prompt and press Enter to execute the command.
- Wait for the process to start and the scanner will scan for corrupted files.
- Once done, close the command prompt and right click will start working.
Fix 7: Update Windows
The preview builds of Windows 11 have various bugs that can also cause issues with right-click not working. Try updating your Windows and restarting your PC. You will no longer face issues with right click not working.
Fix 8: Scan for viruses
This problem can also be caused if the PC is infected with a virus. Scan your PC for viruses using an antivirus program.
That’s all about the 8 ways to fix right click not working on Windows 11. If you are facing this problem, please read above steps to fix it easily and quickly.