Keeping the drivers installed on your PC updated ensures that your hardware has the latest features, fixes bugs, and improves system and device compatibility. And having the latest Bluetooth drivers ensures a faster connection to your device. This article will show you how to install Bluetooth drivers in Windows 11.
Install the bluetooth driver via device manager
Installing the latest update for the Bluetooth driver in Windows 11 using Device Manager can help you manually install the driver over the Internet or update the driver file that has been downloaded to your PC. The detailed steps are as follows:
- Click the Start icon on the taskbar to open the Start menu.
- Type device manager and open it.
- You can see a list of all devices installed on the PC.
- Double-clicking to expand the Bluetooth option will open a list of all Bluetooth devices.
- Right-click the Bluetooth device and click Update Driver.
- Next choose one of the following two options. Automatically search for drivers: The Internet will be searched for driver updates. Browse your computer for drivers: Drivers will be installed from files on your PC.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
- Do this for the other Bluetooth devices in the list.
- After installing the Bluetooth driver, restart your PC to make changes.
Install the Bluetooth driver via Windows Update
In addition to using the Device Manager method to update drivers, Windows Update can also install drivers on your PC. The detailed steps to install the Bluetooth driver via Windows Update are as follows:
Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Find the Windows Update section in the left sidebar.
- Click Check for Updates to start checking for updates.
- Select and open the Optional Updates section.
- Download and install the Bluetooth update.
- Now restart your PC.
Download Bluetooth driver
Download the Bluetooth driver for your PC from the website, but only for laptops.
First go to the laptop manufacturer’s website, search for your laptop model, and open it. Search for Bluetooth drivers in the Drivers or Downloads section. Download and install the Bluetooth driver you found. Restart your PC.
Install Bluetooth drivers using third-party software
Using a third party to install drivers or update drivers is the easiest way. You can download Driver Booster to install Bluetooth drivers.
- Download Driver Booster and install it on your PC.
- After installing the software, run it.
- Run a system scan and your PC will be scanned for all hardware changes and driver updates.
- Search for the Bluetooth driver here and download and install it.
- After doing this, restart your PC and the bluetooth driver should be installed.
Now, you can easily update your Bluetooth driver on your Windows PC by following the methods this article provided.