Since upgrading to Windows 11, many users are facing the issue of Wondershare Filmora not working on Windows 11, Filmora is compatible with most PCs in the market and the program works well in Windows 10. Newer versions of Filmora X crash in Windows 11.
There can be several reasons for this issue, including the presence of a virus or malware on the system that corrupts the software’s files, preventing it from running on the system. Compatibility issues and random bugs can also cause Filmora X not to work in Windows 11.
How to Fix Filmora X not working in Windows 11?
As mentioned above, there are many reasons why Filmora X won’t open in Windows 11, but don’t worry, this article will provide four methods to fix Filmora X won’t open in Windows 11.
1 Update Windows
Try updating Windows first and check if Filmora X still won’t open in Windows 11.
- Press the Windows key, open the Start menu.
- Search for Check for Updates and click the first search result that appears.
- Click Check for Updates and the PC will look for all updates.
- Download and install any updates you find here.
- Check out the Optional Updates section, find driver updates in the Optional Updates section, download and install them.
- Once done, restart the PC.
Try running Filmora X again, if Filmora X still won’t open, try the next method.
2 Update graphics driver
Since Video Editing Software uses graphics drivers, if Filmora X does not work on Windows 11, it may be because the graphics drivers are outdated. Try updating your graphics driver to fix if Filmora X opens in Windows 11.
- Press Windows + X and click Device Manager.
- Double-click to expand Display Adapters.
- You will see a list of graphics cards.
- Right-click the graphics card, click Update Driver.
- Click Search for drivers automatically.
- If you have two graphics cards, do the same for the second graphics card.
- Now close Device Manager and restart your PC.
3 Run troubleshooter
If neither of the above methods get Filmora X working in Windows 11, try running the Compatibility troubleshooter.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app on your PC.
- Click Troubleshoot to open the troubleshooter settings.
- Click Additional Troubleshooting.
- Search for Program Compatibility Troubleshooter and click Run to run this troubleshooter.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to start checking the program for any issues.
4 Reinstall Filmora X
If none of the above fixes the problem of Filmora X not working, then the last resort is to reinstall Filmora X.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- In Settings, find the Apps section.
- Click Apps & Features on the left sidebar.
- Find Filmora X and click on the three ellipses.
- Click Uninstall.
- Download and reinstall Wondershare Filmora.
That’s all about the detailed steps of 4 ways to fix Filmora not working in Windows 11. If you are facing this issue, you can try the four ways one by one.